Saturday, November 20, 2010

Modesty: The note, and comments from others. ~~~~~~~~~~~~Comments by: Margene Wiese-Baier Copyright © 2010

Margene Baier Tonight's lesson from Pastor Phillip at Suncoast Worship Center was on Modesty. It is so funny that every lesson so far I have had a discussion with someone about the very topic he talks about. Very interesting. Margene/Sunwhisp


  • Clarence Bryant, Willie Dunham and Mary Merth like this.

    • Margene Baier
      What I thought was most interesting is that I notice a lot of woman that proclaim to be in Ministry and are revealing way to much of themselves on facebook, and in Church. Such a distraction.

      Pastor talked about how some men are weak and r...eally need to be careful trying to Minister to some women. It is to bad that some of these women are passed by in the prayer line for their inappropriate dressing.
      I was thinking just today about wives, and how they could feel insecure if the men are entertaining the thoughts of these women even here on facebook. Some women are sending photos of themselves and posting them on the pages of married, and single men. Have some dignity, and stop sending men these photos. Don't be the cause of them missing their God given purpose. Besides some of these men are already taken. Have some respect for their wives.
      For myself if I was married I wouldn't want my husband taking part in this. He wouldn't be worth having if he did. And if I sent these kind of pics of me to men I wouldn't be the kind of woman my future husband would want. I was married before and felt the same way as I do now.
      Once trust in this area has been broken it is hard to get it back.
      I am not a prude, but I am modest, and want to show others that I am a woman of Integrity, and Worth. I have a Big God that I serve with Dignity and Love.
      I hope I did not offend anyone, but hey I think it is a subject that should be talked about.
      Love, Margene/Sunwhisp ♥♥♥See More 13 hours ago · LikeUnlike · 3 peopleLoading...

    • Keelynn Esther Willis Preach it sister!
      13 hours ago · LikeUnlike · 1 personLoading...

    • Margene Baier Keelynn, Didn't we just talk on this very subject? LOL Love you girl, Margene
      13 hours ago · LikeUnlike

    • Keelynn Esther Willis Yep...that we did! Love you too honey girl!
      13 hours ago · LikeUnlike

    • Carl McNamee A very good subject. If we men would be like Peter was as he got out of the boat would keep our eyes on Jesus there would be no problem. Temptation??? Yes but God will give us a way to escape. Love you both. Hugs, Carl ♥♥♥
      13 hours ago · LikeUnlike · 1 personLoading...

    • Mary Merth
      Margene it is also a lack of respecting ourselves as a woman to feel its okay behavior or that us as parents have dropped the ball to not teach our girls and young women better. How a wife dresses for her husband alone is one thing but in t...he house of God as well as running around...we must use wisdom. The world teaches females to show their assets (body) to be loved & accepted .God loves us unconditionally and accepts us as we are.When we become Christ followers we read His word & apply it in our lives then we learn to use wisdom, understanding and modesty in dress & speech. Also the word says for the older women to teach the younger women,mentoring is good. ♥ USee More
      13 hours ago · UnlikeLike · 2 peopleLoading...

    • Margene Baier
      Keelynn, It is Awesome how God put this together, cause I wondered how I was going to present it earlier, cause it was heavy on my mind to come in especially the defense of wives on this subject.

      I don't want to judge anyone, but if their m...otives are impure they need to be outed. A lot is at stake when it comes to Kingdom work. Men and Women that are on the fast track for God can be derailed from their calling by not watching out for such invaders. I will say it again the enemy is out to kill, steal and destroy. He doesn't want to necesaritly kill you physically, but what you are called to do for the Father. That is a worse death anyway.
      Jesus warns us about Satan.... "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep." (John 10:10-11)
      Margene

    • Margene Baier
      Yes, Mary, I agree, and was just telling someone else that I admire the same thing. At home it is one thing when I am around a husband, but out in public it is another. Like you said. We need more mentors in the Church. It is one thing to c...ome in from the street and not know this is not proper. It is another to come for years and still dress provocative, and then take offense when someone says something.

      Ladies I am not talking about wearing long sleeve blouses and long skirts. I am just talking about certain parts of the body that should only be revealed to your husband or at home in private. Not in a Church setting or revealed on the internet. And also for our Church it would be nice if you are going to wear a short skirt consider wearing shorts underneath. It is hard to make sure that your skirt doesn't fly up especially when you are dancing.See More 13 hours ago · LikeUnlike

    • Margene Baier Carl, Thank you, for your input we need more men stepping up to the plate and giving their opinion. Hugs, Margene ♥♥♥
      13 hours ago · LikeUnlike

    • Debbie Daley With u 100%
      12 hours ago · LikeUnlike

    • Margene Baier Debbie, Thank you, Margene ♥♥♥
      4 hours ago · LikeUnlike
  • Write a comment...

Rise above us !!!Copyright © 2010
Photo by: Margene
Wiese-Baier 
 
I just wanted to add. I am not talking about women that don't know better. A lot of new women coming into the Church at first wear what they have. I am talking about women who have been coming for years, and still have not grown to know th...at they can cause havoc in the spirit of a man by wearing revealing clothes. After, Mary's remark I thought I better clarify.

God loves all of us, and knows what we need. I am not here to judge, but to bring you information on different things I have observed.

Love, and Honor, Margene ♥♥♥
 

No comments:

Post a Comment